Thursday, March 13, 2014

L.A. Trip Part 5


Malibu.

It consists of a 21-mile strip of prime Pacific coastline. Located in Los Angles County, California, it is known for its many celebrity residents.

(southern view, from where we were ...)



We drove through Topanga Canyon to get to Malibu and I heartily recommend making the trip by car.

It is a stunning scenic ride!

The shoreline where we were was different from the vast expanses of beach I saw along the Washington coast line. The beach was peppered with cliffs and large rocks and that made for dramatic ocean shots. The climate is said to be "mediterranean like." I thought it was breathtaking and beautiful.



Richard and Cliff and I spent about two hours walking along the beach and climbing the cliffs. I shot a lot of photos of them being goofy and took pictures of the flora and fauna. There are more photos on my flickr sight, here, if you want to see ...

No clue with this flower is, but it made a great picture!


When we had tired of the beach, we began discussing food. And, wine. We found a little restaurant that was across the road from the ocean and we were able to sit out on the deck and watch the ocean and the traffic along the Pacific Coast Highway. There was a gigantic flower pot at the SW corner of the deck and while we sipped our wine, I spotted a hummingbird feeding on the blue flowers. Lucky me! I got this shot!


Between the gift dolls and the dolls I purchased at the convention, it was clear what I had to do. I shipped my clothes home and packed the loot in my suitcase for the journey back to Florida. Do I have my priorities straight, or what!?
I highly recommend Virgin America airlines for nonstop service to/from Fort Lauderdale-Los Angles. Loved the flight crew, and all the other folks I met along the way!

I hope to return to California soon, with my darling husband in tow. We've talked about doing the wine tour for years, so, who knows? If not this year, definitely next!

No comments:

Post a Comment