Monday, March 3, 2014

L.A. Trip Part 3

Hollywood!
Sunday morning, following the close of the Integrity Toys Convention, my good friend, Richard, picked me up at the hotel and off we went to see the sights! It was a Sunday, the perfect day for a stroll along Hollywood Boulevard!

First stop was the Kodak Theatre (where the Academy Awards are held) and I have to say ... it is much bigger than I could have imagined! The columns are adorned with the names of the "Picture of the Year" and the stairway ... well, let me just say I don't know how all those movie stars with their sky high heels and elegant gowns can navigate those stairs. Whew! What a climb!







Along Hollywood Boulevard you will find characters dressed as film stars and, for a small fee, they will let you take their photograph. Lucky for me I have a great zoom lens on my camera!

There were a couple of characters I would liked to have shot, but they caught sight of me and turned away. I learned very quickly to be less conspicuous.






My favorite movie star's hands and feet, in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre! Meryl Streep! (We're the same age!)



Madame Tussaud's fed my love of Johnny Depp with his wax likeness standing guard. It was eerie how real he looked.

Star Wars characters were very popular along Hollywood Boulevard, too.



And, then there's the sign on the hill. I couldn't leave without a shot of this iconic image! Fortunately, they have a place for you to shoot from, so we didn't have to climb the mountain! (Although, I would have done it in a heartbeat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment