Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome to The Pink Bike!




















I got a new bike for Christmas! My darling husband and I decided that we'd rather have new bikes than another new shirt/perfume this year and we're enjoying "learning" to ride again!

I lived in Key West from 1975 to 1982 and for the first four years, I had only a bicycle for transportation. Now, Key West is only five miles at its widest point, so a bike really was the only way to go back then. I was poor back then, too, and couldn't afford a car or insurance, so the bike was my salvation. In 1979 I bought a beautiful white Peugot and was thrilled with how fast and sleek it was. One evening, a few months after I got it, I went to the Waterfront Playhouse on Mallory Square where I was involved with the theatre group, just stopping in to say "Hello" to some of my actor friends and find out what was on the schedule for auditions. I wasn't in the theatre 15 minutes. I had locked by bike to the stair rails in front of the theatre. And, when I came out of the theatre, it was gone. Gone! Gone! Gone! I was heartbroken.

So, now, some 20+ years later, I've got a new pink bike and I'm just tickled pink with it! This new blog will include stories and pictures from adventures with the pink bike along with whatever else I feel like sharing, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment